Monday, June 21, 2010

The Challenge is ON!

My friends, I am once again participating in the Austin LiveStrong Challenge 90 mile bike ride in my fight against cancer and would like your support.  If you can, please make a donation to the Lance Armstrong Foundation via my personal fundraising site.  


As you may know, many non-profits have suffered due to the poor economy, but cancer doesn't care, we need to continue to fight stronger and harder.  As such, I feel your giving deserves some extra giving at my end.  


Regardless of whether you make a donation, I'd like to post a picture like this


to my blog (and facebook) to honor your loved one. Just let me know the name of the person.


For any donation, I will provide one or more LiveStrong bracelets.  I have both adult and youth sizes.  


During the recent Tour de California, I saw that Trek Bikes had a set of items that can be personalized for you or your loved one.  100% of the proceeds from the sale of these items goes to the LAF.








Fundraising trigger amounts are %30 off from the original!  
No time like the present to make a donation!!










For any donation up to $50 ($35), I will donate $5 to my fundraising account.


For a $50 ($35) donation, I will affix one of the personalized stickers to my bike for the remainder of the year, up to and through the Challenge (I'll take a picture of the sticker on my bike to send to you).  I will send the remainder of the stickers to you.   Or instead, if you prefer, I will donate $10 to my fundraising account.





For a $100 ($70) donation, I will send this personalized water bottle (24oz) to you.  Or, if you prefer, I will make a $20 donation to my fundraising account.  


If you'd prefer the stickers, you have that option.





For a $200 ($140) donation, I will send this personalized poster (18" x 24") to you. Or, if you prefer, I will make a $30 donation to my fundraising account.  


If you'd prefer the water bottle or stickers, you have that option.





For a $400 ($280) donation, I will send any combination of the above items, or make a $50 donation to my fundraising account.


To personalize and send the items, I'll need some extra information from you.  I will contact you in a private email when I'm informed of a donation.





























Watch for special "deals" through the summer where the above donation amounts will be lowered for a limited time!!














You may have a few questions:


Q: Can I donate more than once?
A: Yes, that would great if you could.


Q: Does each donation count as a separate transaction?
A: Yes.  For example, two separate $50 donations would entitle you to two sets of stickers.


Q: If I contribute, say $150, can I count that as 1 $50 and 1 $100 donation?
A: No.  Due to how I'm tracking this, please do the 2 donations separately.  However, while doing a donation, it's possible to spread the donation across multiple months.  For my accounting though, that will count as a single donation of the full amount. 


Q: Can I tie my donation to your training mileage?
A: There's no direct way to do this.  I will post updates to my mileage statistics if you want to base a donation on that data.  As of June 12, my mileage for 2010 is 3,614 miles (yea, that's alot!)



If I reach the $3,000 donation level, I get to attend the Saturday night (October 23rd) fundraising celebration dinner and take one guest.  For every $5 donated, you will get a entry in the raffle to be my guest.  If you are selected and are not able to attend (not local to the Austin area, or are unavailable that day), then another selection will be made.


I hope you can give, it's a fight we all need to join. 


For facebook users, become a fan of my Challenge ride.


The Lance Armstrong Foundation is a 501(c)(3) under federal tax guidelines, donations are deductible to the extent allowed by law.

No comments: