Sunday, April 20, 2008

Rosedale Ride 2008

Been a while since my last post...

I rode in the Rosedale Ride (a fund raising event for the Rosedale School. The Rosedale School is Austin’s only school for children with multiple disabilities) this year. Last year I ran into the big group of riders participating in the ride, going in pretty much the opposite direction since I was out somewhat later than the start of the ride - and didn't know about it! This year I planned on signing up early but sorta forgot and didn't find out about it until the day before. Fortunately, I've been riding all winter long, thus, I was in shape to do the 100km route.

This ride is early in the year, this year, it was on March 29th. It was not too cool, but definitely not warm and remained overcast for the duration of the ride. And, other than a few stray raindrops, it remained dry. The weekend was split between a cool front coming through on Friday, with the front backing up as a warm front on Saturday. As it turned out, the timing was good, with the front not coming with it's rain until overnight on Saturday into Sunday. Thus, for the ride, there was a modest N/NE wind for the duration.

There were alot of riders this year, somewhere near 1,500, with the mass start of the 100k riders, they shutdown Parmer Lane to let out the 1st big grouping. The portion of the ride at the starting and ending miles were roads I normally ride, the remainder to the north. Some of these I recognized from the other rides I'd done last year, the Red Poppy and Outlaw Trail rides.

Ride stats:
Time: 3:30:56
Distance: 63.30 miles
Average MPH: 18.00
Maximum Speed: 34.60

I have a few pictures posted but have had difficulties with Bluetooth on my PC causing crashes, so I've not gotten them all copied as of yet, I'll keep plugging away at it.

No comments: