Sunday, June 01, 2008

Red Poppy Ride 2008

The Red Poppy Ride was held April 26th starting in Georgetown, TX, and proceeding through the rolling farmland east of town. The weather was very nice, with a gentle northwesterly breeze. The night before, a large line of thundershowers had passed through, however there was little if any water remaining on the roads. The starter warned us of a parked car just after the start - his car. He placed it there to make us divert around a slick spot since it was at the apex of a curve that exited the parking lot.

The route was the same as last year. I ended up stopping at different rest stops this year, and they did not have the 'theme' at each stop as they had done the prior year. I thought that was a pretty good idea.



The ride was enjoyable, I made good time, not as good as last year though, but on that ride I was able to stay with a faster group for quite a while. On this one, there were some smaller groups I rode with for a while.





I had a few hot dogs at the end, probably not the best kinda food to eat, but after riding 100K, I could afford it.



The evening of the ride saw another set of storms, it was fortunate that ride occurred between some rather nasty weather.

I took a few pictures along the way, you can view them here.

No comments: