Friday, October 23, 2009

LiveStrong Challenge 09 - Day 1 (the 23rd), Registration

Registration was held at the Austin Convention Center, in the same area as the past two years. The layout inside was moved around some, but not radically different. One addition this year was a number of custom bike builders showing their wares. I'd read about some of them, perhaps something I could look at doing in the future.

Chris Carmichael (Lance's coach) was there again, at the Nissan booth signing autographs and posing for pictures. I thought he might be signing his new book, but alas, just a card. He said he'd be riding the 65 mile route since he had to fly out Sunday afternoon.

The Tribute wall this year was centrally located, and, unfortunately, had many, many cards. I made up some cards and posted them for my family members and my friend from work.

I then went to registration to get my bibs, and the other assorted items. I looked around some more, and thought about getting a Cycles Gladiator jersey, they have a most interesting logo. I decided not to, I have enough jerseys for now.

I then headed back home, fighting though the downtown traffic.

No comments: